Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Mobile workbench

JoeAzza
Amassing an Audience

Mobile workbench

IMG_9409.jpeg

My newly modified work bench, is now mobile,  @Nikki7. as promised please see images of my mobile work bench, before and after shots. I had to take apart my existing work bench and build a frame to take the new wheels, I also had to reduce the height of the bench, cupboards and re do some of the drawers, I added a new ash timber bench top from Bunnings.

Work Bench before shot

IMG_8900.JPGIMG_8970.JPG

IMG_9010.JPG

GHNI4108.JPGHEFN9269.JPG

IMG_9371.JPGIMG_9399.JPG

Vic Ash benchtop

GDYW6470.JPG

Work bench after shot front and back image.

IMG_9406.JPGIMG_9409.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Mobile Work bench

What a beauty, @JoeAzza! That would have to be every woodworker's dream workbench.

What are the holes in the timber to the left of the vice? Are they for some type of holdfast clamping jig? I'd also be interested to know if you've ever used bench dogs or dowels and what your opinion of them is.

Many thanks for sharing your upgrades to the workbench. I trust having it mobile is a game-changer.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JoeAzza
Amassing an Audience

Thank you .@MitchellMc

the holes left of the vice are for a peg to support long pieces of timber when cutting or planing. I can also place clamp in the hole if required, I haven’t used hold fast dogs, hovever I have used dowels as a stop for planing in the past. I want to drill  a hole on top of the vice and the bench top in the near future for clamping wide boards by using the vice as a clamp,

7228B78D-4ABE-4F73-8218-A86F836AE477.jpeg

CE0720CD-69B7-4E78-BEAA-4CC25647F301.jpeg

7966B38D-6CC2-4AC0-8370-502A96F71E1F.jpeg

DF9577B9-7767-4356-A646-9DD10ED0CCEA.jpeg

1B4DE7A8-DE14-408C-BF48-075597C64C9C.jpeg

53256FB5-0B86-4331-BDDC-8FF107ACCA7E.jpeg

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @JoeAzza 

That is an excellent modification! So much versatile now that it is mobile. You can have oversized sheets and this table will easily handle it. Fantastic build as always. I'm sure it's an idea myself and others will remember when building a work bench.

Cheers 

Red

Cheers

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Mobile workbench

Hello @JoeAzza 

Did you use anything to finish off that beautiful Ash timber top? 

Cheers 

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

JoeAzza
Amassing an Audience

Hi Red

.@redracer01

The top has 3 coats of Bondall Monocel satin water based clear wood varnish. The draws have one coat, I ran out, so off to Bunnings for more paint.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bondall-250ml-monocel-satin-waterbased-clear-wood-varnish_p0079566

Joe

giveitatry1
Finding My Feet

I like this a lot, for my mobile kitchen island. Thanks for sharing. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @giveitatry1. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

Let me mention @JoeAzza for you, so he's alerted to your kind comment about the project. 

If you'd like the industrial look of this timber workbench in your kitchen, perhaps you might also like to check out @Karlster69's Tool trolley come kitchen island. Either of these projects would certainly allow you to have all your cooking utensils at arms reach.

We look forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden and would encourage you to let us know if you ever need assistance or have something to share. I trust you'll find tonnes of inspiration within the community as our amazingly creative members post their projects here all the time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects