Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Overhead cupboard jacks

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Overhead cupboard jacks

I have building my own overhead laundry cupboards, so I decided to save money on buying overhead cupboard jacks, I made my own from scrap architrave, 90mm x 19mm and purchase 4 adjustable cupboard base feet, approx $12 for a set of four, see photos. You will see them being used when I upload my overhead laundry cupboard photo's.

attached.IMG_7483.JPGIMG_7485.JPGIMG_7486.JPG 

JaneK
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Overhead cupboard jacks

You have had a very productive weekend @JoeAzza. Thanks for sharing these photos of your work in progress. It's really inspirational watching a project come to life. I can't wait to see the finished cupboard.

Jane

Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Thank you Jane, I have just posted the overhead cupboard install.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

That's some really innovative thinking right there @JoeAzza. I would have never come up with that idea myself. I particularly like the fact that you can fine adjust the level through turning the feet. You could take your design even further so it has infinite adjustments. Not that your project called for it, but I'll illustrate below.

Let me mention @redracer01 as I trust he'll be just as impressed as I am with your ingenuity.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello @JoeAzza 

Those wall jacks are vertical pieces of artistry! Not only is it diy, it didn't cost you anything but time and effort. Would never have thought of doing that. Truly impressive.

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Hello @MitchellMc 

That's excellent illustration Mitch! I love the addition of the foot and multiple holes for height adjustment!

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

diy_hausdesigns
Amassing an Audience

Brilliant idea !

----
Yours Kindly. For more, please follow @diy_hausdesigns

Now that's clever @JoeAzza . 

Cheers,

Stuart

Thank you @MitchellMc , great drawing, I like the adjustments you made in your drawing, I just used packing timber, to extend further.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects