Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Painting roller garage door

Ella91
Just Starting Out

Painting roller garage door

We are repainting our roller garage door - have seen a couple of other posts on here similar, just require clarification - do we need to use White Knight Rust Guard Primer Paint as well as White Knight Epoxy Enamel? It is currently powder coated white. I do get a bit of white dust on my finger when I wipe across it.

Also, can it be tinted to match other paint colours? 

Wanting to match 'Deep Ocean Colourbond' (B 74, CV 66, EE 27, W 12) is that possible?

Many thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painting roller garage door

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ella91. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about painting a garage door.

Using White Knight Rust Guard Medium Grey Metal Primer Paint - 1L would be an excellent way to ensure your topcoat binds adequately. Before applying the primer, you'll want to thoroughly scrub down your door with Scotch-Brite 155 x 100mm Non-Scratch Scourer Pads and Sugar Soap. You'll have cleaned the door sufficiently when you can no longer see the white paint residue transferred to your fingers. Make sure to rinse off the Sugar Soap solution with fresh water and allow the door to dry fully before coating.

White Knight epoxy enamel paint can be tinted to thousands of colours, including the Colorbond range. Quite a few are listed on the White Knight webpage but speak with a helpful Paint Shop team member in-store, and I'm sure they'll be able to tint the paint to Deep Ocean by Colorbond for you. 

Make sure to take some before and after photos to show us, and let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects