Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Pebblecrete Balcony Leakage via Concrete Slab crack in garage roof

newfast
Having an Impact

Pebblecrete Balcony Leakage via Concrete Slab crack in garage roof

Rain, storm, hail - no issues and place is in a good condition. Recently, decided to wash the balcony and saw water dripping in the garage. No visible cracks in pebbelcrete so not sure from where the water is seeping through.

Some pics attached of a crack (various pics) and pebblecrete IMG_20201210_184808_01 (002).jpgPXL_20201209_085615380.MP (002).jpgPXL_20201216_070226927 (002).jpgPXL_20201210_075431809.MP (002).jpgScreenshot_20201210-181932 (002).pngbalcony

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pebblecrete Balcony Leakage via Concrete Slab crack in garage roof

Hi @newfast,

There could be a hairline crack in the Pebblecrete which is hard to see, or perhaps there is one in the corner between the horizontal and vertical areas. If the crack is not large enough to see, then using a product similar to White Knight Ultra Pave Clear Sealer over the entire area should stop the leak. You must pay careful attention to painting it into the corners and slightly up the vertical surfaces.

Please let me know if you need further help or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @MitchellMc 

Thank you for getting back to me, I managed to find the 2 hair line cracks and they were hard to find in the pebblecrete...eeefeee

will look into this product, as replacing the selected area pebblecrete with new tiles by redoing the waterproofing will break bank :sad:

Someone mentioned to use max plug and push it in the crack after using scraper to make the crack bit bigger

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@newfast,

Maxplug would fix the issue. However, you'll likely see the repair, and I'd normally suggest its use on a wider crack. White Knight Ultra Pave Clear Sealer would fill a hairline crack and be unnoticeable.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc 

Happy New Year

So I used the recommended product after washing the area and once uts fulky dry, did the 1st quote on the whole balcony and bit extra where those 2 cracks were and let it dry for couple of days before started using it and after a week did second quite and again didn't use the area for 2 days. 

After approx 6 days I used hose last night and the drops did come through the garage roof.

Amount was less and took longer for them but it came :sad: 

PXL_20210117_094025874.MP.jpg

PXL_20210117_094850751.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @newfast,

The sealer you used is penetrative and has a water-like consistency. It has potentially been sucked down into the crack, and you might need to do a couple more applications to build it up by filling the crack.

I'd encourage you to do an isolating test on the areas to determine where the water is penetrating. Pour water in locations along the cracks and see if it penetrates the crack. You might need to do this in several areas to locate the issue.

Mitchell

@MitchellMc 

I used a 12MM brush and used the product on identified 3 areas and so far success is with 2 and one area still gettung some water so I will continue to try to isolate that part and see whatelse I can do.

Thx

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects