Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Sanding discs for Bosch Gex 150 Turbo Orbital sander

Dianne22
Just Starting Out

Sanding discs for Bosch Gex 150 Turbo Orbital sander

Hi, are any of the sanding discs Bunnings stock suitable for the Bosch Gex 150 Turbo Orbital sander? :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Sanding discs for Bosch Gex 150 Turbo Orbital sander

Hi @Dianne22,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community and apologies for the slow reply. 

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be happy to assist as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience in the meantime, we're just experiencing a large volume of enquiries on the site at the moment with so many people tackling projects while they are restricted to their homes. 

Hope you are staying safe and well. Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the Workshop site. We are looking forward to reading more about your projects and plans. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Sanding discs for Bosch Gex 150 Turbo Orbital sander

Hello @Dianne22

Thank you for sharing your question about the sanding discs for the Bosch Gex 150 Turbo Orbital sander.

If you are after the Bosch branded sanding pads, they will have to be specially ordered. The stores carry compatible pads for this orbital sander. The Flexovit 150mm 80 Grit All Surface Orbital Sanding Disc - 5 Pack is a velcro-backed pad that will work with your orbital sander. There is also the Diablo 125mm Mixed Grit Abrasive Random Orbital Sheet - 10 Pack which has a mixed set of pads to cover a wide range of projects. These pads are rated to work with your orbital sander and will not hinder the performance of your tool.

However, if you wish to be sure about the fitting, bring your orbital sander to your store and test-fit the sandpaper to your tool. You will find that they bind and cling to the backing pad just as well as the branded ones. If you need assistance ordering the Bosch branded pads, please let me know. If you are currently working on a project, please keep us updated. I'm sure our members would be keen to see what you're working on.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects