Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shed / Hut / Summer house build, unsure about stumps

Handyandy180
Just Starting Out

Shed / Hut / Summer house build, unsure about stumps

Hi All

I'm in the process of building a 7ft x 7ft or 2134mm (Timber shed. Ive been able to source free timber and the build is at the frame stage (floor is 140 x 45 treated and frame is 70 x 30) I'll be cladding the exterior with 12mm birch ply with hard wood (Tassy Oak) sealers along the joins. It will have a Polycarbonate roof.The Deck and roof will be extended by approximately 900mm creating a deck and overhung 

So my question is what would be a suitable stump to use? I have normal soil but a clay base a 3 - 4 ft down.

Many thanks for any advice given 

Many thanks 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shed / Hut / Summer house build, unsure about stumps

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Handyandy180. It's great to have you join us.

Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to provide assistance. I've inserted a plan below which utilises Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Framing 140 x 45mm for bearers and joists and the stumps H4 Treated Pine Outdoor Timber Posts 88x88mm which will set in concrete footings 300 x 300 x 600mm. You will need to verify if these are adequate for your build and load requirements through your local council or appropriate building regulatory board.

The plan includes the extra 900mm for the deck area.

Please let me know if you need additional information or had any questions.

Mitchell

Andy floor plan shed.png

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects