Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Shed flooring / base levelling advice

Ari
Having an Impact

Shed flooring / base levelling advice

Hi Everyone

I'm about to order the Absco 2.26 x 0.78 Shed for the space in the picture below. https://bit.ly/33OI1U7

I'm after advice regarding the floor/base. The pavers it will sit on (picture below) were laid 25 years ago and are reasonably level but not perfect.  I'll be replacing the pavers or decking over them within the next 18 months, so I don't want to go to high expense or effort on a floor, and I'm happy with the pavers being the shed floor.  Having said that I still want it to be secure and not rocking/dodgy.

I'll be employing the Bunnings tradie to assemble/install the shed and want to set him up right.

Seeking suggestions regarding risers/levellers, attachments to the pavers/fence etc   It's a very sheltered spot so no concerns about wind/big storms/kids/animals.

Thanks in advance!  Ari

Shed floor.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shed flooring / base levelling advice

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Ari. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

In the product manual, it is recommended by Absco that the shed is set on a 100mm concrete slab and anchored down appropriately. Were you intending that the tradie Dynabolt into the bricks? You could certainly pack out the Dynabolts with washers to make up the difference in the uneven ground, however, this is going to cause gaps around the perimeter of the shed. 

Understandably as this is a temporary installation you don't want to go to great efforts. If the bricks are reasonably level I don't think the tradie will have any issues in securing the shed. To close any gaps left after levelling you could fill them with Sikaflex 11FC.

You might be interested in reading through these previous discussions-

Please let us know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Shed flooring / base levelling advice

Thanks @MitchellMc, definitely no problem putting the Dynobolts into the pavers, and no big deal to me if there's a bit of a gap.

Just great to check these things as I like to set tradies up right to save them time and I've never done any real 'outdoors' projects.

Appreciate your advice,  Ari

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects