Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Small door gluing jig/fixture

JoeAzza
Kind of a Big Deal

Small door gluing jig/fixture

Hi, 

I  had to glue some cupboard doors for an overhead cupboard I'm making, I could never get the frames perfectly square, so I decided to make this jig to hold the the doors in place whilst gluing them. It was quite simple to make, all I did was use some squared off melamine and screwed timber edges to three sides, hopefully others could use this idea, when trying to glue timber at 90 degree square.

I only glued one end, I need to slide a glass panel in before gluing the other end, still waiting for the glass to arrive.

IMG_7461.JPGIMG_7460.JPGJCQE2637.JPGIMG_7455.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Small door gluing jig/fixture

Fantastic idea @JoeAzza!

I was recently making a picture frame with mitred corners and became frustrated every time I went to assemble it. I couldn't figure out why I kept having the last joint more than a couple of degrees off with a large gap present. It finally dawned on me that all of my cuts were half a degree off. As I was glueing the joints up one by one, the error compounded and resulted in the last joint being way off. 

A jig like this would have been perfect, saving me a great deal of time and frustration.

Many thanks for sharing, as I trust many of our members will find this useful.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects