Completed this project for a neighbour. They had a beautiful brick wall on both ends, but meant they have less storage. Created this rock solid shelving using
1. Four largest size pine boards (three layers and one cover on side)
2. Four pine pillars to provide base and support stubs against the walls
3. Metal hinges in L shape (behind the pillars)
4. Heaps of brick and wood screws
5. White paint (not.applied before taking this snap)
Took us two about a day to complete the job.
Looks fantastic, @diyjoe. Thanks for sharing your materials too. I’m sure your neighbour is pleased to have some extra storage.
Anything you learned along the way or would do differently next time?
What a great project, @diyjoe! They certainly look very solid, and I'm sure they will stand the test of time.
I'll be looking forward to your next project. Well done.
Thanks Stevie. I would have preferred to cut the sleeves/recesses at the back to match the brick pillar profile, but my friend went against them as he could store some rods and planks out back that ways. Also, front panels would have been a nice add, but then we decided to go against it to keep as is considering the brick backdrop which we preferred.