Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Studio and shed in the making

DIYgals
Becoming a Leader

Studio and shed in the making

This studio and shed is still a work in progress, but we have some big plans for these things!

Designed by Sarah. Engineering signed off by a private certifier. Built by us, with a little bit of help from family and friends along the way. :smile:

Hoping to update with progress pics along the way.

- Roof pitch 35 degrees.

- Colorbond Monument colour

62925686504__D52DE960-9846-4844-9251-B5BF727B6DE9.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Studio and shed in the making

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @megstar. It's awesome to have you join us, and many thanks for your questions.

Let me mention @DIYgals, alerting them to your kind comment. Hopefully, they can answer your question about their insulation and what filled the void between the slab and the sheeting.

Are you looking to improve a shed you currently have? We'd encourage you to share your project with us as I'm sure our knowledgeable members would like to assist.

Please let us know anytime you need assistance. We're here to help.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Lining workshop wall

Thanks very much @megstar !

We have used a product called air cell on the ceiling of the shed and studio and on the walls we are using Earthwool.

We poured the cement floor after the shed had been erected for a number of reasons, one being to avoid any gaps between the floor and the sheets. There are products you can get that have been made for this such as Vermaseal, not sure if you can install as an after thought though. Could be something worth looking into?

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

VG
Getting Established

Great Shed @DIYgals - thanks for sharing.. i was wondering what is the size of the shed? I was thinking of creating a similar shed/studio...

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @VG. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the conversation.

We look forward to hearing all about your shed project. Please feel free to start a discussion and share it with the community, as I trust many will be keen to follow along. Also, give us a shout anytime you need assistance with your projects around the house and garden, as our knowledgeable members are always happy to assist.

Mitchell

DIYgals
Becoming a Leader

Thanks @VG ! The studio which contains a bathroom  10m * 4.5m, to the eaves it is 3m and the pitch of the roof is 35 degrees.  The bathroom is 2m X 4.5m, within that we have found there is plenty of space for shower, toilet, wall hung sink and space for a washing machine. Will post photos when we have finished this part. 

The shed we have built is exactly the same, just with a smaller footprint (7.5 x 4.5m).  

Our original plan was to build one large structure and then divide between the shed and studio, however council would not allow. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Lauren

VG
Getting Established

@DIYgals 

Awesome.. Thanks Lauren.. I will probably need Sarah's details.. and i will need to chat to @MitchellMc  more. :smile:

The shed that I'm thinking of creating is approx 7 x 6 .. but thinking of flat roof.. I'm guessing you got the materials from Bunnings..? 

DIYgals
Becoming a Leader

@VG  The shed cladding is a NEXTEEL product, the steel C section was ordered through an Australian Steel supplier here in Adelaide. 

VG
Getting Established

Cool.. thanks @DIYgals .. 

haveago
Getting Established

Re: Studio and Shed in the Making

I so wish my concrete slab had of been laid post shed erection. The termit proofing put in post build has already moved. Snakes etc will become my constant fear i suspect. I'm on 6 acres with a winter creek at the other end of block. The last shed i had put in was build prior to concrete slab and was secure as, minimal dust termites etc in a goldmining town of constant fine red dust, my shed was secure.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Studio and Shed in the Making

Feel free to hit the Start a discussion button and share some photos of your shed @haveago. I'm sure members will be happy to assist with ideas.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects