Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Suggestion regarding shed floor concrete

krishna
Growing in Experience

Suggestion regarding shed floor concrete

I got an old shed. Structure is good but the floor is not. the size of the shed is 5x4.

It looks like concrete but not. It is also not level and gets wet when it rain outside.

So, My plan was to put a new shed but the quotes are bit high. I got one for $7000 (not including the site prep and concrete).

Not going to spend that much for garden shed. So, Planning for doing the concrete floor for the existing shed.

Even though I never did a concrete floor, but I have got a good idea about how to do it. But I don't know how to do it inside a shed with out removing the sheets.

Any suggestion please.

Thank you,

pstq
Having an Impact

Re: Suggestion regarding shed floor concrete

What's the existing floor made of? A photo might be helpful.

I once concreted inside a small shed. I just brought it in in a wheelbarrow, and tipped it on the floor.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @krishna,

I agree with @pstq that some photos would be very helpful for other members to see what you are working with and provide more specific and helpful advice. 

Please let me know if you need a hand uploading some shots. 

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @krishna

Thank you for sharing your question about concreting your shed floor.

It's great that you've received advice from @Jason and @pstq. Creating a cement base for your shed is a good project. However, we have to take into consideration the size and location of your base.

Creating the base, while your shed is in place, is not recommended as it compromises the squareness and level of it. If the shed is not present while the base is being made then you will have a flat level floor. There will be no unusual rises and dips in the flooring. You can be sure that the fall on your base is even and it will not hold or puddle water in the middle of your floor. 

Would it be possible for you to post a photo as requested by our members and include the measurements of your current base? This will allow us to assess its current condition and provide you with a comprehensive recommendation.

Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing the photos.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects