Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Table - Built from Pallet/crate wood

Highlighted
Junior Contributor

Table - Built from Pallet/crate wood

Almost finished, just needing varnishAlmost finished, just needing varnishPreparing the wood. Clamping to try and straighten it as much as possible.Preparing the wood. Clamping to try and straighten it as much as possible.Adding extra weight to the clamps. Then off to south africa for a 6 week holiday while it remains clamped.Adding extra weight to the clamps. Then off to south africa for a 6 week holiday while it remains clamped.IMG-5121.jpgCreating a jig for routing the tongues and grooves. I simply screwed the jig to my workbench.Creating a jig for routing the tongues and grooves. I simply screwed the jig to my workbench.Tongue and groove jig. Helped immensely to rout the tongues and grooves nice and easy.Tongue and groove jig. Helped immensely to rout the tongues and grooves nice and easy.IMG-5148.jpgPutting the table top together in two halves and then through the thicknesser to make uniform thickness.Putting the table top together in two halves and then through the thicknesser to make uniform thickness.Fitting the boards together.Fitting the boards together.IMG-5151.jpgIMG-5152.jpgIMG-5159.jpgIMG-5160.jpgIMG-5163.jpgIMG-5180.jpgIMG-5192.jpgIMG-5194.jpgLegs built from 4 boards to create a more fuller/solid look.Legs built from 4 boards to create a more fuller/solid look.Legs builtLegs builtLegs addedLegs addedAlmost finishedAlmost finishedAdding strengthening to make the table more stable. Corner pieces have been hand made and curved with rasp and sander.Adding strengthening to make the table more stable. Corner pieces have been hand made and curved with rasp and sander.Time to sand the finished project. Individual parts had been sanded as project went on but now it is time to do the final sand...and there was a lot of sanding to give the table a great extra smooth feel.Time to sand the finished project. Individual parts had been sanded as project went on but now it is time to do the final sand...and there was a lot of sanding to give the table a great extra smooth feel.IMG-5599.jpgTa DaaTa DaaMy ugly mug getting in the way of the table.My ugly mug getting in the way of the table.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Pallet Table - Built from pallet/crate wood

Looks great @Arcc. What are your plans for it?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Highlighted
Junior Contributor

@Jason I built it at the same time I built my tools cabinets for my mums birthday. It is sitting in pride of place at my parents house. It was built to be an outdoors table for the patio but Mum refused to have it outside and so it is now inside. The old dining room table now sits on the patio. :smile: I aim to use similar techniques when I eventually come to build my ultimate computer gaming and flight simulator desk.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

This is just so perfect. Amazing build!

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings.
Please visit the Bunnings website
if you need assistance from the Bunnings customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects