Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Unsure of what line trimmer to buy

projectChrissie
Just Starting Out

Unsure of what line trimmer to buy

Hi, I am 59 years old, my husband left me so I find myself having to do my own yard.  I have become proficient in mowing the lawn but doing the edges is another story.  i would like to buy a line trimmer, but am unsure of what one would be best suited for my needs I have a fairly big back yard, and need the trimmer to do my fences and footpath. I am thinking a battery operated one so i don't have the problem of the cord getting in the way.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Line Trimmers

Welcome to the Workshop community @projectChrissie. I would be happy to help with your query.

Battery technology has come a long way in the last 10 years. Battery line trimmers are now comparable in power to petrol machines, but with little to no maintenance required. My suggestion would be to have a look at the range of 18-volt line trimmers, with my preference being towards the Ryobi range as they have fantastic versatility with their batteries. The same battery can be used in their entire range of 18v equipment. A great lightweight option would be the Ryobi-one 18v 305mm Cut Cordless Line Trimmer.

If you wanted something with substantially more power the Ryobi 36v Brushless Line Trimmer Kit would be a great option.

I look forward to seeing what our wonderful community members are using around their own homes and what recommendations they have.

I've included a short video below on How to choose a line trimmer. If you have any questions about these products or need further assistance, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
altrish
Finding My Feet

Hi Chrissie, I too was in the same position as you I brought myself the Ego line trimmer and i would suggest you do some research on there products.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for joining in the discussion @altrish. I'm sure @projectChrissie appreciates it. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the community to you both. 

Please let me know if you ever need a hand getting the most from the site. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects