Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What Ryobi products and batteries are compatible?

otnimus
Finding My Feet

What Ryobi products and batteries are compatible?

I am planning to get a cordless Ryobi lawn mower: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-lithium-36v-5-0ah-18-brushless-lawn-mower-kit_p0088131

And I also need a drill and looking at this one: https://www.bunnings.com.au/ryobi-18v-one-drill-driver-skin-only_p0096074 which is a skin only. How do I know if I can use the mower's battery for this drill? And in general how do I tell which Ryobi products will share batteries? Thanks.

Re: How do I know which Ryobi products can share battery pack

I'll contact Ryobi on Monday to see if they can shed any light on the issue @glenn3676. In the meantime, would you mind sharing an image of the two batteries side-by-side? I'm wondering whether there has been a style change on the new batteries that stops them slotting into the old mower correctly. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Mitchell thanks for the reply. I did

IMG_20211205_100430.jpg

IMG_20211205_100555.jpg

IMG_20211205_100430.jpg

contact Ryobi a few days ago but too early for a reply. The batteries look identical to me. I took pictures of the mower contacts. The yellow picture is the not self powdered one 2.6 Amp battery, the other one self powered 5 amp battery. The contacts on the mower are one far left one far right and one third in from the right, they are the same on both mowers. It can only be either a change in a 2014 battery to a 2018 battery, or the 2018 battery for whatever reason is not making all three contacts. I just want to buy a new battery 4 amp but now I am unsure if it will work in the smaller older mower that's my issue.

IMG_20211205_100521.jpg

IMG_20211205_100708.jpg

IMG_20211205_100802.jpg

Hi @glenn3676,

After speaking with Ryobi, there doesn't appear to be any reason why a newer 2018 36V battery wouldn't work with an older 2014 tool. We feel the best way to find out whether the current 4.0AH battery will work is for you to take the mower into your local store. I'm sure the team would be more than happy to try a battery for you to ensure it will work before purchasing.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks for trying Mitchell. I'm a 2 hour return journey to my nearest Bunnings, and I only have a small Toyota with a boot not a hatchback so getting the mower inside the car may be a challenge. I could take a chance on a new 4 amp but I'd like the 5 amp batteries I currently have to work also. I'll think about it.

Thanks again

Glenn

pw2800
Getting Established

Can I get a bigger battery for the 36V Ryobi line trimmer?

I purchased the 36V 2.0AH STRAIGHT SHAFT LINE TRIMMER KIT (RLT36X20) but the battery doesn't last as long as I need. I have seen the list of compatible battery packs in the manual but the only other battery pack I can buy from Bunnings is not in the supported list. Does the line trimmer support Ryobi 36V 6.0Ah Battery (BPL3660D)

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: 36V 2.0AH STRAIGHT SHAFT LINE TRIMMER KIT-bigger battery?

Hello @pw2800

If you need to purchase a battery from the supported list, it will have to be specially ordered at the Special Orders Desk of your local store. Unfortunately, the battery you mentioned BPL3660D is not in the supported list and will not work with your Ryobi straight shaft line trimmer. However, I will call our provider and double-check for you. As soon as I have more information, I will post it here.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

pw2800
Getting Established

For sure. I've had confirmation from Melton East Warehouse, Bunnings facebook group and a user in Ryobi chat group say it's fine to use. But if you have any other info definitely let me know

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @pw2800 

I've just spoken to the Ryobi technical department and they have confirmed that the  BPL3660D will fit the RLT36X20. This would be your third positive confirmation if we include the Melton East store and Facebook Ryobi. I reckon it would be safe to purchase the battery for your line trimmer.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

pw2800
Getting Established

Good stuff. Thanks for looking into it 

Craigr1
Just Starting Out

riobi 36v battery replacement

Ji have read there is more than one type of 36v battery. I have original

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects