Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What hose to use with Ryobi submersible pump?

mikechin
Getting Established

What hose to use with Ryobi submersible pump?

We bought the Ryobi pump. Model Name : Ryobi 750W Clean and Dirty Water Submersible Pump RSCD750
Model Number : RSCD750
What hose or pipe or connector should we use with it? Our Pope Legacy 12mm hose is too small.

IMG_2373.png

IMG_2372.jpeg

  

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: What hose to use with Ryobi pump

Hi @mikechin 

That pump needs a bigger outlet  a  hose 25mm    or 35mm diameter.

For  example   but there are more than  one hose at 25mm or   1inch. you might want a hose  clamp too so  pressure dosnt blow hose of all the time.

Icon Plastics 25mm x 6m Candy Grey Suction Pump Hose

(1)

I/N: 0215565

$48.20

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Some great advice there from @Jewelleryrescue, @mikechin. If you need some extra length you could also go for the Nylex 34mm x 10m Grey Water Hose.

Please let us know if you have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you. We will look for the products in Bunnings. 

IMG_2367.png

IMG_2368.png

Thank you. We also came across the following review on the Ryobi pump. Any thoughts? We couldn’t find the products referred to.

“The product photos showed it using a garden hose. Took a while to work it out with a v helpful Bunnings staff member but got a Gardenia 19mm w/stop valve (item: 18214-25) and a Pope 12mm 2 way coupling = an extra $22”

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mikechin,

I'm not entirely sure what they've done there, but it looks to be a bit of a hack. They've left the barbed fitting on the unit and got a GARDENA 19mm Hose Connector to attach to it. That's a bit of a cumbersome way to attach the fitting, but I guess if it works, it works. I'd suggest that it would leak quite profusely. A Pope 12mm 2 Way Hose Coupler is then clicked into the Gardena fitting to let you click your standard hose on.

The correct way to do it would be to cut the barbed section off the pump outlet adaptor to give you the threaded section below it. You'd then use threaded reducers to allow a Pope 12mm Universal Tap Adaptor to be screwed on. Your hose would then click on that. Using threaded connections means no leaks. The caveat to this would be I could determine the fittings needed in a couple of minutes if I were in-store with you, but it's difficult to know when the thread size on the outlet adaptor is not provided. If you speak with a helpful team member in-store they should be able to assist you.

Taking a closer look at the available images, it does appear that if the barbed section is cut off (as it's designed to be) then the Pope 12mm Universal Tap Adaptor should screw straight on.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @mikechin 

Do  keep you hose diameter as big as possible as the sump  pump it is designed to clean out some  semi solids like  some leaves and dirt etc soil that  cant be pushed into a small diameter pipe and not  block up.  Also the pump is working extra hard having to pressurise water  through a smaller diameter.

But if you just moving water it isnt  a problem.

Hi @mikechin 

Just moving water is  fine and a slight reduction in pipe size will increase pressure going out and the leaves should flow ok mostly any how.   Some times the impella will choppup some leaf matter smaller any how. 

Clear water  no issues. :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects