Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is a suitable jump start charger for Nissan Navara RX 4wd?

Pete69
Just Starting Out

What is a suitable jump start charger for Nissan Navara RX 4wd?

I bought an ozito jump starter & power bank 12v peak 400A. Later I found it was for ULP engines but it is also suitable for diesel. Is there an alternative if required 

thank you

pete

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is a suitable jump start charger for Nissan Navara RX 4wd?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Pete69. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about jump starters.

The Ozito 400 Amp Jump Starter And Power Bank is suitable for petrol engines up to 3.0L. According to Ozito tech assistance, it is not suitable for diesel engines.

Alternatively, the Full Boar 800A Jump Starter and Power Bank FBJS-800 is suitable for petrol engines up to 5.0L and diesel engines up to 3.0L. We also have the Full Boar 1000A Jump Starter and Power Bank FBJS-1000, which is suitable for petrol engines up to 8.0L and diesel engines up to 5.0L.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Diesels need a lot more cold crank amps to get an engine started. 

Petrol engines 100-300 cold crank amps diesels can be 300-500 cold crank amps . Diesels have higher compression so usually need more power to start them.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @wazza77 

Let me tag @Pete69 to make sure they see your recommendation. Thanks for sharing that information regarding diesel engines.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects