Workshop
Start a discussion

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Which jigsaw should I get?

Highlighted
Junior Contributor

Which jigsaw should I get?

I am hoping to get some tips on which jigsaw i should get. I am a novice and just started out doing little projects. While I was looking for a jigsaw to purchase, I came across 2 Ozito Jigsaws. One is a Cordless Compact Jigsaw and the other just says an 18V Jigsaw. I took a look at the specifications and they are very similar other than the size.

What is the difference between the two? 

Thanks.

Highlighted
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Which jigsaw should I get?

Hi @Shagen,

I'll outline below the differences in the two machines, as you have noted they are very similar.

Ozito PXC 18v Cordless Compact Jigsaw Skin Only Model Number PXCJS-018 - More compact design, 2700 strokes per minute, 20mm stroke depth and weight 1.64kg

Ozito PXC 18v Jigsaw Skin Only Model Number PXJSS-600 - LED work light, 2400 strokes per minute, 25.4mm stroke depth and weight 1.85kg

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Highlighted
Junior Contributor

Thanks @MitchellMc,

Am I correct in saying 2700 strokes a minute is faster and the faster the strokes the faster it can potentially cut? But what does stroke depth mean or meant to do? The weight I am not too concerned with as its not that much of a difference.

Shagen

Highlighted
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Shagen,

You are correct in saying the more strokes per minute the faster a jigsaw can cut but there are other factors that contribute as well. The stroke length is the distance the jigsaw's blade travels up and down. The longer the stroke length of a jigsaw, the faster it is able to cut. This is because more teeth come in contact with the workpiece per stroke.

As you can see with the specs, although one unit has 300 fewer strokes per minute it also has a slightly longer stroke depth. You might find this equates to both units cutting at a similar speed. I'm sorry this doesn't assist you in making a decision but I wanted to explain how it works.

From what I can see they are comparably almost the same machine, personally I would go for the Ozito PXC 18v Cordless Compact Jigsaw Skin Only with higher strokes per minute and lighter weight.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects