Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Workbench build

Nikki7
Building a Reputation

Workbench build

Long time stalker and first time poster. After seeing all these amazing things being built I decided to have a crack at making my own work area. General design idea was sourced off Pinterest and all measurements were custom to suit my space, height, etc. Built completely with 70 x 35 non structural pine and 16mm MDF boards to bench and shelving. Also on castors for easy moving. This was my first time building anything that wasn’t flat pack furniture so pretty happy with the outcome

28859D57-0CD6-4E84-B846-3DE578EE2983.jpeg

1E9A58D7-6AB0-463F-90E3-EEBD52E47B5C.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Work bench build

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Nikki7. We’re happy to hear that you’ve found inspiration in this community, and good on you for giving a custom workbench a go. It looks fantastic.

What's next? Look forward to seeing more of your handiwork.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nikki7
Building a Reputation

Hi Stevie! Have a few things in the pipeline I’m hoping to get started on soon!

JoeAzza
Amassing an Audience

Looks good, well done, I like the mobile bench idea,  @Nikki7. I am currently in the process of modifying my work bench, mitre drop saw, vacuum/cyclone cleaner mobile and small router/trimmer c/brd/drawers unit also, it makes cleaning up much easier, and storing away when not in use.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Nikki7,

That not only looks sensational but has plenty of room for activities! Have you considered adding a pegboard across the back? You'd have loads of hanging space for your tools and items. I'm horrendous at keeping my workbench clutter-free, so being able to hang my tools has really helped with this.

Many thanks for sharing this fantastic project, as I trust it will inspire many of our members to complete something similar.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Nikki7
Building a Reputation

@JoeAzza that sounds fantastic!! I can’t wait to see the finished result

Nikki7
Building a Reputation

@MitchellMc  I am definitely looking at adding pegboard as my tool supplies increase. I’ll also possibly look at extending the bench as I need as well. I’m considering adding a vice or something similar for my future woodwork products

redracer01
Kind of a Big Deal

Hello @Nikki7 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop and welcome to the world of DIY! That is an excellent first attempt, what you will notice as you progress is that you will now see a project and it now becomes a possibility instead of just wishful thinking. You will also quickly notice how your desire to buy new useful tools becomes unnaturally strong! Every time you enter Bunnings. "Must buy drop saw!!!" and if your like me that table will soon be cluttered with tools projects and equipment which is a fantastic sign of a well used table! We look forward to your future projects and remember to keep posting!

Cheers,

Red 

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

TimG
Finding My Feet

Re: Workbench build

Great work Nikki!

Those non-structural pine studs are awesome and very affordable. I've used them for a couple of workbenches, plant stands, an out-feed table for my table saw. Quality can be variable, but I check out the selection each time I visit and stock up when it's nice and straight :smile: 

Splodg
Growing in Experience

Re: Workbench build

Awesome! I have a couple of large steel framed tables sourced from an Op Shop, which I have fitted a full sized shelf 150 mm below the top to throw on hand tools etc onto when needing to clear the work space. Your incorporated top shelf has inspired me to make one for my 2 work benches.

Thank you.

Roger.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects