Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Arlec Grid Connect garden lights first look

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Arlec Grid Connect garden lights first look

20220820_111209.jpg

20220820_111421.jpg

Hey to all the automation Bunnings peeps out there, I wanted share the new and exciting product line by Arlec Grid Connect of the Garden Light range.

On offer is a 4 pack of RGB spot lights Wifi which are a die cast aluminium coupled with a IP44 transformer.

Second is a 4 pack of RGB bollard lights die cast aluminium with spikes coupled with IP44 transformer once again Wifi.

Both look of good quality and feel sturdy, I have not had the ability to power these up and run these through the paces but the automation options are as below.

One thing you will need to consider is Wifi coverage to your garden so best to check that on your device and see how many bars on your phone at the location.

Other than that I'm pretty excited about these lights and they are worth a look at your local Bunnings 

20220820_111217.jpg

Carl

CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: Arlec Grid Connect Garden Lights First Look

Good to hear mate, sometime they become unsynced to Google, I have had the issue before and I just resync my Grid Connect account to Google Home and all is fine again.

No idea why it happens it just does.

Bobby06
Just Starting Out

Re: Arlec Grid Connect garden lights first look

Are these available today?

Just been told that they have been discontinued.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Bobby06. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about product availability.

I'm so sorry, but this discussion was from Aug 2022, and this product is no longer available as it was a promotional line. However, we do stock a range of bollard and spot garden lights that could be incorporated into a smart system. What sort of features are you looking for?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks. Yes it was confirmed to me that they aren’t available. Which is a shame. 
Grid connect would be good. RGB maybe but not required. Wifi control a must. 3-4 lights. Tuya control may be considered.  

Why were they a promo only and not retail?  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You might like to check out the Brilliant Corymbia Smart WiFi DIY Colour LED Garden Light Kit - 6 Pack or perhaps the Holman 43mm RGB Colour Spotlight Value Pack, @Bobby06.

Typically, we include various promotional lines to add to our everyday in-store offer of products. In this case, the product was bought in as a promotional line as it's not one that we would regularly stock in-store.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects