Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Best place to get Japanese Maple in Perth?

pochita
Finding My Feet

Best place to get Japanese Maple in Perth?

Which Bunnings sells a good variety of Japanese maple trees? Preferably south of river 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Best place to get Japanese Maple in Perth?

Hi @pochita,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it's great to have you with us.

I have been in touch with a few stores throughout Perth who have informed me they don't have any stock of Japanese Maples currently.

If you'll allow me to get back to you, I'd like to contact their suppliers when they reopen on Monday to see if I can find a way for you to get some.

In the meantime, there are Mr Fothergill's Maple Bonsai Kits available in most stores around Perth including Melville.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch.

Jacob

That would be great! Thanks.  

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No worries. I'll get in touch with some contacts on Monday and see what I can find.

Jacob

Any updates?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @pochita,

So sorry for the delay in our reply.

I've spent some time checking with our plant suppliers and Nursery Experts in store. The general consensus is that Japanese Maples do not appreciate the Perth climate, and due to this, we don't supply them on a regular basis. We will have certain types come into stores on occasion. The period of time that they are in leaf is extremely short compared to the East coast. They put on a brilliant and fleeting show in spring, but as soon as the warm weather hits, the leaves brown off for the entirety of summer and then go dormant for the cooler months.

Currently, we are not stocking any, as they will be in the transition period of dropping their leaves. When we do have them, it will either be in early spring when they are in leaf or in the cooler months bare-rooted with no leaves. If you are set on giving them a go in Perth, then I recommend leaving your contact details with our Nursery team member next time you're in the store. They'll be able to call you when they become available.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects