Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can we get garden soil tested at Bunnings?

koshie
Getting Established

Can we get garden soil tested at Bunnings?

James_B
Growing in Experience

Re: Can we get garden soil tested at Bunnings?

Bunnings does sell a soil PH test kit, but they are unlikely to be able to test your soil for you. The best way to get the most relevant answer to you soil test.jpgis to ring your local store.

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!Found the answer you needed? Mark it as Most Helpful
koshie
Getting Established

Thank you. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @koshie,

It's great to see you've received a prompt @James_B. We do not currently offer a soil testing service. However, as mentioned above, the Manutec Garden Care Products Soil PH Test Kit would be suitable for testing whether your soil is acidic or alkaline. Was there something specific you wanted to test your soil for?

Here's a list of our in-store services.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @James_B. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your contributions so far.

It would be great to hear more about your projects and plans around the house and garden as you certainly sound very knowledgeable. Please feel free to let us know anytime you need assistance or have a project to share. I trust our members will find your knowledge exceptionally helpful, and in turn, I'm sure you find some great inspiration for your own projects.

Mitchell

koshie
Getting Established

Thanks Mitchell , will get on with testing with the testing kit. 
regards 

koshie

koshie
Getting Established

soil testing kit.

image.jpg

 bought the soil testing kit to test the reason for stunted growth of plants in my garden bed. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: soil testing kit.

That's great to hear, @koshie. Keep us updated on your results, as I trust our members will be interested to hear if the soil's PH has affected your plant's growth.

Mitchell

koshie
Getting Established

ph tested.

1F923AD3-4D57-4A49-A0A9-5E1CD854C981.jpeg

D3E4A2C6-03C3-431C-A929-9D2A19EC9963.jpeg

PH seems neutral. Wondering if my soil is too sandy and doesn’t retain water. I am trying to plant okra for next season.
Any idea how I could fix up the sandy ness? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: ph tested.

Hi @koshie,

I note you've previously mentioned stunted growth. Is it that you haven't seen substantial growth, flowering and fruiting? Stunting may be caused by viral, bacterial, fungal, or nematode (eelworm) infections and excess or lack of water, imbalance of soil nutrients, excess light, insect or mite feeding, and too-deep planting.

I'd suggest that the likely cause of substandard growth would be a lack of nutrients and/or a planting mix lacking organics. What type of fertiliser did you apply, and in what increments? You might also like to consider adding some Scotts Osmocote 25L Compost Premium Soil Improver and an organic fertiliser like Powerfeed.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects