Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Choosing an economical lawn mower

nagumuthu
Making a Splash

Choosing an economical lawn mower

Hello Members,

May you please share on a economical Lawn Mower for the purpose of mowing 130sq. m area. There are many products available on the market that runs on electricity, batteries. Any mower is found on the market that actuates mechanically upon movement of the mower with running on power supplies? Which one is better? 

Looking for a mower minimal maintenance consuming reasonable spare parts along the way. 

Thanks

M.Muthu

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Lawn Mower

Hi @nagumuthu,

The mowers with the least amount of maintenance are going to be battery-powered or 240v power. You would possibly be able to use a 240v power unit on this area with a long extension cord. It would be much more convenient to use a battery-powered version as you don't have the difficulty of trailing a cord behind you. I'd recommend the Ryobi One+ 18V 4.0Ah 36cm Lawn Mower Kit as it has a 30min runtime which should be adequate to cover the 130 square meters. 

There are several self-propelled mowers that actuate a drive mechanism for your convenience. I personally use one of these and find them fantastic as there is no pushing required and you can simply walk behind the machine.

You should find this article helpful: How To Choose The Best Lawn Mower For You.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @nagumuthu,

You might also find this old discussion useful - What type of lawn mower should I get?

Personally, I love my battery-powered lawn mower. It is so quiet, light and easy to use. 

Jason

Thanks Mitchell for the comments.

Thanks Jason. The link gave a good idea on the mower.

Hello Mitchell,

Bought 'Ozito' lawnmover from Bunnings,after considering your options that uses the current battery pack (which I use) for 'Power drill" (from Ozito) and it did its job pretty well.

Mower and Grass on front yard.jpeg

Below image was snapped after mowing. Unfortunately, it could not cut grasses on the extreme ends / sides (Photos as below).

Grass on rain water garden.jpeg

May you propose other tool will be good enough to trim the grasses at the sides for hands-on. [ Other than Trimmers ]

Thanks

MM

Hi @nagumuthu,

Congratulations on your mower purchase. It's always good to stick with equipment that uses the same battery system.

You can keep these areas neat with a manual edger if you didn't want to purchase an electric trimmer. These manual options include the Saxon Disc Cut Lawn EdgerCyclone Rotary Turf Edger and Cyclone Star Wheel Edger.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects