Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Climbing Jasmine green wall

Gina
Building a Reputation

Climbing Jasmine green wall

Hi everyone

I recently turned a brick wall in my outdoor space into a climbing jasmine green wall. I'd been looking for a way to do this for a long time and was keen on a minimalist and low-cost solution. Using balustrade hardware from Pinnacle at Bunnings, I created several rows of metal wire that the jasmine is now climbing up. Thought it might offer a little inspo for anyone looking to add greenery to their outdoor space as well.

Thanks

Gina

Newly-planted-jasmine.jpegThese are the materials I usedThese are the materials I usedJasmine-plan.jpegCut-wire-to-length.jpegAdd-hook-to-other-end.jpegAnd secured these to the wall using the brackets from the balustrade kitsAnd secured these to the wall using the brackets from the balustrade kitsHere's a close up of how it fixes to the wallHere's a close up of how it fixes to the wallAnd this is the final resultAnd this is the final resultI then added some pots in front and planted my jasmineI then added some pots in front and planted my jasmineIt's taking off and I can't wait until the full wall is floweringIt's taking off and I can't wait until the full wall is flowering

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Climbing jasmine green wall

Hello @Gina

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic climbing Jasmine green wall project. Your choice of using stainless steel parts for this assembly is ideal. The stainless steel may tarnish in time, but it will not rust or delaminate. Not only does it look very modern, but has a great compact appearance. I'm sure it will look absolutely amazing when the plants have reached the top. I can't wait to see what it looks like when the flowers bloom.

Please keep us updated with your plant's progress, we look forward to seeing the Jasmine fully mature and covering your wall.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Gina
Building a Reputation

Thanks so much Eric 😊

luma
Finding My Feet

Looks amazing! Thanks for sharing!

mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

I can smell that beautiful heavy scent from here !!! Looks fantastic @Gina  I love it 😊

Lucianacarvalho
Getting Established

Re: Climbing Jasmine green wall

This is lovely! Did you have to pot them on the ground or just on the rectangular container of the photos? How long did it take you to get to the level of plants you've got? 

Hi @Lucianacarvalho,

Let me tag @Gina so she knows you have a couple of questions and appreciate her great work. 

Katie

Gina
Building a Reputation

Hi @Lucianacarvalho 

I potted the plants into the rectangular pots as this is a tiled outdoor area. If we had a garden bed, I wouldn't have bothered with the pots though :wink:

The plants took about 5 months to get that height... although in winter I expect the growth will be a bit slower.

Hope this helps :wink:

Gina
Building a Reputation

Thanks so much for your lovely comment @mich1972 :smile:

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

How is your climbing wall going @Gina?

It would be great to get an updated photo if you could share one please. This has certainly been a popular project with the community.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects