Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Comparing Ozito and Ryobi garden shredder

Charles70
Finding My Feet

Comparing Ozito and Ryobi garden shredder

Hi I'm looking at the Ozito Silent Garden Shredder and the Ryobi Crushing Shredder and I'm wondering which one is the better options for hardwood branches? What is the warranty on the Ryobi please.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Shredder

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Charles70. Many thanks for your questions, I'd be happy to answer them for you.

It's great to have you join us and we look forward to assisting you with advice. Both units are perfect for work around your garden, however, if you want a machine proficient in mulching hardwood branches I would recommend the Ryobi 2400w Crushing Shredder. The Ozito is great for general use but will struggle on consistently fed hardwood branches of 40mm thickness. The Ryobi is also great for general use but is specifically designed to deal with 40mm thick hardwood and turns it into a useable mulch for all your garden beds.

I've personally used both before and feel the Ryobi is your best choice if dealing with hardwood. The Ryobi has a four-year replacement warranty for that unit.

Please let me know if you need further advice or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you

Hi,

Just wondering if either of these would handle seaweed also? Or are they designed for harder waste?

thanks

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @TezzaPerth. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about garden shredders.

I can't say that our shredders would be suitable for seaweed, as I suspect they are mostly designed to suit general garden waste. I also have concerns about the functioning parts' longevity if they were exposed to salt from the seaweed. Hypothetically, if the seaweed was rinsed of salt and then allowed to dry, then you could potentially feed it through these machines, though I certainly don't think any of the manufacturers would recommend it or if the product was to fail under those circumstances, honour a warranty as it's outside the design scope of the machine.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks. That makes sense. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects