Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cordless chainsaw for pruning trees

Nonza
Just Starting Out

Cordless chainsaw for pruning trees

Can anyone recommend a cordless chain saw for prunning trees. I have 3 petrol ones & I'm  tired of trying to pull start them. I now need a cordless. Help.!!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cordless chainsaw for pruning trees

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Nonza. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

What type of work do you intend to use the chainsaw for, and how often? Will it be occasional use for branch trimming, or are you planning on replacing the petrol machines altogether? You might like to read through these previous discussions on battery-powered chainsaws: Chainsaw buying advice please by @DonnaL and What is the run time of the AEG 58v chainsaw? by @Joonie.

If you plan to replace the petrol chainsaws completely, I would highly recommend the AEG 58V 4.0Ah Brushless Chainsaw Kit, as this machine will most closely match their performance. It has plenty of power to get most jobs around the yard completed and is our premium machine. If you were looking for something slightly more budget-friendly, I could also recommend the Ryobi 36V 4.0Ah 35cm Brushless Chainsaw Kit which is perfect for residential use.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects