Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Couch Mite

Highgreen123
Just Starting Out

Couch Mite

I'm looking for a treatment for Couch Mite, has anyone had success. in dealing with this issue. I have heard that you need a chemical for the eggs and another for the adults.Any advi 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Couch Mite

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Highgreen123. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

I would advise applying Yates 200ml Baythroid Advanced Insect Killer For Lawns as soon as you notice any symptoms of the mites. It is also a great idea to feed your lawns regularly with a good quality fertilizer such as Scotts Lawn Builder 15kg Buffalo Slow Release Fertiliser to ensure it is strong enough to ward off attacks.

Let me mention a couple of very knowledgable plant experts @Adam_W and @Noelle to see if they can provide some further insight in Couch mite.

Please let us know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Adam_W
Workshop Legend

Re: Couch Mite

Well I have to say @Highgreen123 you sent my scrambling to my bookcase to find my copy of 'What garden pest or disease is that?' as I hadn't heard of couch mite before.
It seems the best eradication & preventive control is watering. These mites will only infest grass that is growing in dry spots. Maybe try spreading some soil wetting granules that are suitable for grass & then watering well & regularly.
@MitchellMc is right too, keeping your lawn healthy is a very good start & regular feeding is the way to go.
Maybe try this before pulling out the chemical big guns.

Always remember too that with this type of pest once the damage is done it's done. You'll need to wait for new growth to notice an improvement and now, as we head to spring, is the perfect time.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects