Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DIY garden bench

fgrieve
Cultivating a Following

DIY garden bench

I am super happy with this little project. Using all products from bunnings. Simple yet effective. I positioned the besser blocks and painted and liquid nails these together. Cut, Sanded and stained the timber posts and slid these into the holes. Cushions can be added if you like.

20220220_175019.jpg

20220220_095920.jpg

  

20220220_095914.jpg

20220320_151404.jpg

My beautiful 81 year old Dad who had a stroke 2 years ago loves to help me. Staining the timber here.

20220220_174743.jpg

See below for what this area looked like previously.

20210529_101255.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DIY garden bench

Hello @fgrieve

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your beautiful garden bench project.

What a fantastic transformation to the overall look of the area. Was the garden bench the final touch to the entire project? Did your dad help with the garden layout as well? That garden bench is in the perfect spot, right in front of the birdbath. Putting in the garden edging is great, not only does it keep the mulch in place, but it prevents the pebbles and sand from mixing in with it. 

Again, thank you for sharing your garden bench project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
fgrieve
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Eric

Dad just helps were he can after the stroke. He lives to get out of the nursing home and come stay for the weekend. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @fgrieve

I'm sure he loves getting out and about. It's great to see that you're keeping your dad busy. 

We look forward to seeing your next project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects