Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Daylily Stella d'Oro - blooming season

Shima
Finding My Feet

Daylily Stella d'Oro - blooming season

Hi everyone 

As you see there's no new bud on my daylily. If I cut the stalk from the bottom, will I get more flowers or it's finished for the year and I have to wait till the next year? 

Thanks

Shima

20210201_104607.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Daylily Stella d'Oro - blooming season

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Shima. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Daylilies require a good 5 or 6 hours of sunlight exposure to provide the best blooms. So if it is not currently experiencing that length, you might like to move its location. They also have a relatively short blooming period of 1 to 5 weeks. It looks like you have had several blooms, both current and those that have already fallen off. If you're coming up to the 5-week mark, then you might not experience further buds.

What fertiliser have you been using? One that is high in nitrogen will produce plenty of green growth but won't encourage much flowering. You could try some potash to see if that encourages blooms.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects