Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

DeWALT 18V 3.0ah XR Cordless Pole Saw Kit - is the pole extension to 4.5m included by default?

jim5055
Finding My Feet

DeWALT 18V 3.0ah XR Cordless Pole Saw Kit - is the pole extension to 4.5m included by default?

The wording in the Bunnings site and even on the dewalt.com.au site is not clear in this respect. The dewalt (aus) site has a footnote marker against the 4.5m claim making me think that the 4.5m is NOT achievable with the base kit. The problem is the associated foot note text is not shown - so not helpful.

Bunnings states: 2m pole length, extendable to 2 a total reach of 4.5m for quick and easy reach to higher work areas

So here, the wording is terrible and again not clear.

Any advice appreciated.

BradN
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: DeWALT 18V 3.0ah XR Cordless Pole Saw Kit - is the pole extension to 4.5m included by default?

Hi @jim5055, and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you here.

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be back on the site later today, and I'm sure he'll be able to explain how they arrived at the 4.5m figure.

Brad

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: DeWALT 18V 3.0ah XR Cordless Pole Saw Kit - is the pole extension to 4.5m included by default?

Hello @jim5055

Thank you very much for bringing that typographical miscommunication to our attention. I've been in contact with the DeWalt technical team and they are aware of the error on their website and are in the process of correcting it. I've also notified the Bunnings online team as well. The pole saw is actually 3 meters in length and when combined with the height of an average adult will give you an overall reach of 4.5 meters. However, if the person holding it is much taller then the reach will go further. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

That clarifies things - much appreciated.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects