Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Electric fence to stop my dog digging

kelly4
Just Starting Out

Electric fence to stop my dog digging

im wanting advise on the cheapest electric fencing to run across back fence please, everything i am required to buy to set this up, thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Advise on a electric fence to run across my back fence to stop my dog digging

Hello @kelly4

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about running an electric fence at the back to stop your dog from digging.

If you are running an electric fence with the O'Briens Electric Products, you have a few choices on which fence energiser to use. Below is a list of the fence energisers. 

Once you've chosen your energiser you will need O'Briens 100m x 40mm Electric Fencing PolytapeO'Briens Electric Fencing Steel Post Cap Insulator - 10 Pack or you can use O'Brien's White Electric Fencing High Strain Insulator - 5 Pack. Depending on the recommended fence height, you will need to use O'Briens 1.075m White Electric Fencing Treadin Post. Please make sure to follow the recommendations for Polytape height for dogs. 

Here is a handy link that will help you install your electric fence: O' Brien's how-to videos

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects