Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Extending 60cm Colorbond fence

slackmiles2019
Just Starting Out

Extending 60cm Colorbond fence

I need to extend 60cm height my current colorbond fence, I was wondering where can I get the 60cm height extension (also if I can buy the same material and cut 60cm to have the extra height.

I need to know if I can get the 60cm extension post and the internal extension post to hold the main one in bunnings, can I get all the material in bunnings? If no, where can I get it cheap? thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Extending 60cm Colorbond fence

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @slackmiles2019. It's wonderful that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about Colorbond fence extensions.

Due to the variety of sizes, styles and colours, you'll find these Colorbond products are ordered into our stores. Just see a helpful team member at your local store's Special orders desk, and they'll be able to order your 600mm extension posts, connector pieces, capping rails and panels. 

You could order a full panel and cut it down yourself, but it would be worth pricing the 600mm high panels first before making that decision.

In case you haven't seen it, this step-by-step guide should be useful: How to add an extension to a Colorbond fence by @ProjectPete.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need assistance with placing your order.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@slackmiles2019,

I've just been provided with some information from my colleague regarding the availability of 600mm extensions. Please allow me until Monday to investigate further and to see if we can source those for you.

I apologise for the delay.

Mitchell

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@slackmiles2019,

Sorry, I need to apologize. I was under the impression this was an available product, but it is not. Our suppliers only manufacturer the 300mm extension posts and not 600mm. This is mainly due to concern about raising an existing fence the 600mm with solid panels and the added wind buffering effects.

You might like to check out our range of perforated 600mm Matrix screen extension panels to see if these are something that could suit your needs.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects