Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden for new house

daniellegardner
Just Starting Out

Garden for new house

1D75C608-365B-4091-898D-3349EF8DFD32.jpeg

29619B73-0450-4CEB-93D4-9140F398E91D.jpeg

Hello needing help with my new block I’m about to move into the front,sides and back yard. Living in south Tasmania the ground seems like it’s a lot of clay so assuming I will need lots of top soil.

Thinking with front yard two garden beds under the windows not sure what plants I should put in.

rest of it nice green grass and maybe some colour. May need to add in a retaining wall as there is a slope down to my house.

sides of house will try and do a timber pathway with colourful/native garden beds.

In the backyard all around the fence maybe potostriums for privacy and nice green grass in the middle.

Looking for medium/low maintenance.

any suggestions on plants or ANYTHING at all please let me know or send photos of similar ideas would be much appreciated. 

daniellegardner
Just Starting Out

landscaping on new block

1A26B46A-A438-4F47-897E-EAEFCA57451A.jpeg

C2ED9726-44B4-4302-975F-FC3AE6DEE73E.jpeg

2A6FA365-734E-41FC-9C1D-8F77C9D3A702.jpeg
Hello I’m needing help with my new block I’m about to move into the front,sides and back yard. Living in south Tasmania  the ground seems like it’s a lot of clay so assuming I will need lots of top soil.

Thinking with front yard two garden beds under the windows (builders will supply them) not sure what plants I should put in.
rest of it nice green grass and maybe some colour. May need to add in a retaining wall as there is a slope down to my house.

sides of house will try and do a timber pathway with colourful/native garden beds.

In the backyard all around the fence maybe potostriums for privacy and nice green grass in the middle.

Looking for medium/low maintenance.

any suggestions on plants or ANYTHING at all please let me know or send photos of similar ideas would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone

Re: landscaping on new block

Hi @daniellegardner,
Nice clean slate to work with there. Pinterest and a sketchbook are your best friends. Go to a local nursery to find out what plants will grow well, or call a landscape designer/ architect and try get some free tips.
Cheers, Roy
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Garden for new house

Hi @daniellegardner,

Congratulations on the new house. What an exciting time for you. I'm sure Workshop members will be happy to assist. 

Have you got a sketch of your garden plans? It might help members to more easily visualise your plans and provide advice. 

Welcome to the community. We're looking forward to seeing how you can transform your house and garden.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects