Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I fix a snipped irrigation tube?

rbangy
Finding My Feet

How do I fix a snipped irrigation tube?

Hello!, I managed to snip my irrigation tube while pruning my rose bush. Can someone let me know please if this is fixable or should I rip the entire tubing and replace it? If this can be fixed, any advise I can get on what products to use would be great. Thanks in advance. This group is amazing!

Please see pictures of the rubber tubing below.

IMG_2002.jpgIMG_2003.jpgIMG_2001.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I fix a snipped irrigation tube?

Hi @rbangy,

If you can tidy up the cuts so they are straight rather than diagonal, simple barbed joiner like this should do the trick. You just need to know what size your pipe is. For example, is it 19mm?

Alternatively, how long is this section of pipe? As it's not expensive to replace, you could simply replace that section between connectors.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @rbangy 

That's an excellent suggestion from Jason. I suggest measuring your hose diameter first and once you know it's size you can get the correct barbed joiner. Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend getting two Irrigation Ratchet clamps. I advise putting one on each end of the repair join, this will prevent the barbed joiner from being accidentally pulled out.

Please remember to cut the damage section straight so that the joins align properly. Joining them with the diagonal cut will not work.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

rbangy
Finding My Feet

Thank you!, @Jason@EricL. Much appreciated. I have been able to get these and fix the issue.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Great work, @rbangy, and many thanks for updating us on your success.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects