Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I get grass growing again?

smhok
Finding My Feet

How do I get grass growing again?

Hi!

I have a couple of spots where grass had died due to weed n feed. What's the best way to get it growing again?IMG_7716.JPGIMG_7719.JPG

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I get grass growing again?

Hello @smhok 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's delightful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about repairing your lawn.

I suggest having a quick look at this guide - How to repair a lawn by @Adam_W. This guide will show you a general method of patching your lawn in a quick efficient manner. I also recommend having a look at this technique - Lawn recovery with seeds by @prettyliving. This type of repair involves applying all-purpose lawn seed to repair the bare patch.

If the soil is looking a little bit worn out, I suggest putting on some top dressing before you apply the seed. I also recommend using Saxon Lawn Aerator Sandals to break up the soil and allowing it to breathe and remove its compacted nature.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
prettyliving
Amassing an Audience

Re: How do I get grass growing again?

@smhok 

I had a little area in my backyard that looked just like this. I filled it in with some top soil and then cut some small runners from other areas and planted them in there. Within a few months they all grew and it completely filled in (this was in early summer). 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects