Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i prune very tall orange tree?

prunedaz
Just Starting Out

How do i prune very tall orange tree?

i have a very tall orange tree it was planted in a tight area with poor light (tank stand) and quite a lot of concrete in the area the fruit is poor and i really need to prune asap as the landlord is renovating the yard can i do a skeleton prune in march .adelaide city location

also a lemon tree in a similar situation 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do i prune very tall orange tree?

Hello @prunedaz 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about pruning your orange tree. 

I suggest using a telescopic pruning tool, they come in manual and electrical types. Depending on your budget a Ryobi 18V ONE+ 8” (20cm) Oil-Free Pole Pruner R18PPS120 is an excellent light weight tool that is easy to operate.

Please note that this is the tool only and the battery must be purchased separately.

A great time to trim most citrus trees is in late winter after the fruit season. This protects them from cold and helps them grow better next year. You can also trim them in late spring or early summer before the fruit season to help them produce more fruit.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects