Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to add side drainage?

jkslui
Finding My Feet

How to add side drainage?

IMG_20220703_111808.jpg

Hi Guys,

Our backyard is constantly flooded when it rains. I think I made it worst by removing the garden bed on the side and replacing it with weed mat. I plan to put white pebbles on top of it but before I do that is any options I have to divert the water to the end of the yard where the drain is? 

Thanks in advance

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Side drainage

Hi @jkslui,

It sounds like adding some agline directed to the drain will solve the issue. Check out these helpful step-by-step guides: How to install garden drainage and How to fix a muddy lawn. Both guides will give you a good idea of how to deal with the excess water. Once the agline is installed, you can lay your pebbles over the top.

Please let me know if you still have questions after reading through the articles.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks. Is there an easier way where I can just divert the water using an open channel that sits low on the ground if you know what I mean. Similar to the kerb/gutter at the front.

Cheers

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You can install EasyDrain instead of the agline @jkslui. It just needs to be placed, so the top grate is even with ground level. The compact version is the most low-profile of the lot. Once again, if your pebbles are large enough, they could be placed over the top. 

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects