Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach AGI pipe to stormwater drain?

Daydreamer11
Getting Established

How to attach AGI pipe to stormwater drain?

Hi all, I’m trying to connect Aggie pipe to stormwater drain pipe which is coming from top of my house where right next to the alfresco and I am setting up my Aggie pipes to basically run down my backyard and connect to this stormwater pipe as shown in this picture below. I am new to this so would really appreciate your advice. Thanks

97A542BC-CC1C-46B6-B97A-DCF68B2A5248.jpeg

BradN
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: how to attach AGI pipe to storm water drain

Hi @Daydreamer11 , and a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. 

Our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will be back later this afternoon, but in the meantime you might find this step-by-step guide helpful: How to install garden drainage.

Can you provide any more information so that Eric and our other members can provide you more specific advice? Do you want to use the agi pipe to drain your garden and then have that water run into the same drainpipe as your downspout?

Cheers,

Brad

Thanks, Brad, for your prompt response.

I am looking to bring the AGI pipes from left side running along my alfresco and to fit through into my downspout and running another AGI pipe all the way from Right side towards my Downspout (Hope that makes sense!)

I have bought a T section to connect the two AGI pipes but not sure how do I connect AGI pipes to this downspout using the T shape (Female and Female PVC junction)

Having said that - My garden is bit slopy and whole idea is to drain all the water that comes near the alfresco during rain to basically drained into this downspout. Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks again!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Daydreamer11

Allow me to welcome you as well to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fantastic to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your stormwater drain.

Agi pipe T intersections have a special adapter that will allow you to connect PVC fittings to it. Generally, you'll need to cut a bit of Agi pipe to go in between the T and the adapter. A good example is the Vinidex 100 x 90mm PVC Stormwater Draincoil Adaptor one side clips onto the Agi pipe the other side allows you to fit a 90mm PVC fitting. It also comes in the larger 100mm size, but the rules for putting them on are the same and you'll need a bit of Agi pipe to go in between the adapter.

Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the down pipe you are trying to connect to? Please make sure to position the T intersection or agi pipe that will connect to this PVC pipe. I suggest checking the rules and regulations of your local council concerning drains and water runoff on your property before you make any changes.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

I've always wondered how to connect my 65mm agi pipes to the 90mm stormwater. I couldn't find a suitable adapter, so what I did is get a 90mm stromwater end cap, drill a round hole into it and feed a length of 65mm unslotted agi pipe through that. To prevent soil from entering around the hole I covered it with a piece of foil prior to backfilling. Surely not the best solution, but only costs you the additional end cap.

Open for better solutions!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects