Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach watering system to raised garden bed?

SeanDunne
Just Starting Out

How to attach watering system to raised garden bed?

Is there a way of clipping water pipes to the galvanised raised beds?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: is there a way of clipping water pipes to the galvanised raised beds

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @SeanDunne. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about attaching water pipes to a raised garden bed.

The first method that comes to mind would be using galvanised saddle clips and pop-rivetting them to the garden bed wall. If you can provide a little more detail on the size of the water pipes, I trust our members will have some other innovative solutions for you.

Let me know if you think that would work, as it seems like it would be a neat attachment method.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Grub80
Making a Splash

Re: How to attach watering system to raised garden bed?

Hi @SeanDunne @MitchellMc 

I have galvanised raised bed with irrigation installed. A simple riser with a saddle clip does the job. Photos attached for your reference. This have been installed 4 years now and works a treat. We can used the programmed sprinkler system or click on hose, by use the turn valve, thanks to my Dad and ingenuity 😀On off valve to a hose connectorOn off valve to a hose connectorSadle clip and main line irrigationSadle clip and main line irrigation

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach watering system to raised garden bed?

Hello @Grub80

Thank you so much for posting your irrigation setup. I'm sure @SeanDunne will appreciate the photos you've shared. I see you and your dad used Zenith 8G x 12mm Galvanised Hex Head Metal Screws. That's an excellent way to hold the saddle clip in place. Have you had to change any of the irrigation pipes during the four years of operation? Any other tips or information you can share about your irrigation system would be much appreciated.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects