Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a bird cage for a alexandrine that likes to chew

kaylasouthwell
Just Starting Out

How to build a bird cage for a alexandrine that likes to chew

I wanting to build a cage for my bird that is fairly big as he is a medium size parrot. I need whatever the cage is made out of to be able to get wet as my bird likes to be hosed down so I need to be water resistant and etc. 

Any ideas on what I’d need? 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a bird cage for a alexandrine that likes to chew

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @kaylasouthwell. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Perhaps you might like to start by sharing a sketch of the cage which you would like to build, that way our helpful members will know what you want to achieve and can then offer some solutions.

There are several mesh panel products which you could use in your project. You can attach these to the frame of the cage. To construct the frame, you might like to consider box tubing.

Alternatively, we offer a fantastic range of affordable aviaries from both Pinnacle Hardware and Absco Sheds. These would be a perfect option as they are for exterior use, and water will not affect them.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects