Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a garden bed?

KelTron
Growing in Experience

How to build a garden bed?

Hi All,

First time poster... Go easy on me.

As you can see from the photos I have uploaded my front yard is a bit of a mess...I originally wanted Sleepers as square in the centre to contain the rocks and then sleepers along the front edge and side of the house..however when I bought some Siena Sleepers from Bunnings the 200x75mm 1.8 m ones... they twisted and warped, I even tried to lay them flat but the twisting was so bad it was sticking up in the air....

Should I try again with sleepers? or use any other wood? that's not so prone to twisting and bending? or go with another idea for the front and middle?.......I just want a very low maintenance area...low front edging and a nice little feature in the middle... any ideas? tips? thanks :smile: P.s...I have only basic tools...

ideas?ideas?twisted.twisted.can't join anymore..due to twist.can't join anymore..due to twist.IMG_0402.JPG

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Front yard Advice and tips.

Very well done @KelTron!

Your front yard has come together beautifully, you have really taken on board some great advice.

We hope you continue to find the community helpful and that you continue to share your projects and transformations with us. 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a garden bed?

Well done, @KelTron. Congratulations on overcoming the initial difficulties, as it's quite clear that your perseverance was well worth the effort.

You've now got a fantastic base to work upon, and I have no doubt you'll soon have a sensational looking front yard that your neighbours will envy.

Many thanks for sharing your update.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects