Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a garden sculpture?

koisok
Just Starting Out

How to build a garden sculpture?

Where can i go to have holes drilled in medium sized pebbles to thread on some wire? Then place it in a concrete base. What concrete would you recommend? What type of wire would you recommend also?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: garden sculpture

Hello @koisok

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your garden sculpture.

I'm so sorry, but I'm currently not aware of any company that offers this type of service. However, If you have a cordless drill, you could drill the pebbles yourself. I suggest using Sutton Tools Ceramic Drill Bit. The method of drilling a pebble is to place the pebble in a container underwater. Just have the water slightly over the size of the pebble. This does two things, the water prevents the pebble from heating up and snapping in two. It also cools down the drill bit and prevents it from wearing out. 

It sounds like a very interesting sculpture. Would it be possible for you to post a photo or drawing of the sculpture you are trying to make? This will give our members a better idea of what you're trying to create. We can then make comprehensive recommendations on what kind of cement or glue you can use to keep them together.

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing the start of your sculpture.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects