Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to deal with lawn fungus?

JamesH1
Finding My Feet

How to deal with lawn fungus?

IMG_1659.jpeg

My turf has the fungus diseases , can I please how to deal with this disease? 

warm Regards,

James

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to deal with lawn fungus?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @JamesH1. It's great to have you join us. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need a hand getting the most out of the site.

Sorry to hear about your infected lawn. Let me call upon our garden experts @Noelle and @mich1972 for suggestions on how you can treat it.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @JamesH1,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us. 

Apologies for the slow reply, but I suspect members might need a little more information in order to assist. 

Can you please tell us where you are based and what the growing conditions are like? It would probably also be helpful for members to know how regularly you have been watering and feeding the lawn. Also, how widespread is the problem and when did you first notice it?

Many thanks,

Jason

Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @JamesH1 

The symptoms resemble those of Grey Leaf Spot, which can be a common lawn problem when conditions are warm and humid. To assist in controlling it:

• Do not over-water
  • Make sure the leaves are not wet overnight (water early in the day)
  • Make sure drainage and soil aeration are good - compacted soils tend to make the problem worse.
  • The lawn is regularly fertilised - a 3-4 month slow release, balanced lawn food is best. Avoid fertilisers with excessive nitrogen levels

Mancozeb is a common garden fungicide that will aid in the control of this fungus. Make sure to read all instructions and use as directed on the label. Wear protective clothing and equipment if this is advised on the label.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @JamesH1 

I strongly suggest following all of @Noelle's recommendations. Grey Leaf Spot first appears as small brown leaf and stem lesions. These spots will then grow rapidly into round oblong spots. When these lesions mature, they will have a tan to grey colour with brown to purple borders.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as a long sleeve shirt, pants, gloves, goggles and an appropriate mask. Please make sure to follow all the safety precautions printed at the back of the Mancozeb bottle. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Thank you Eric’s advice.

Thank you Noelle’s advice.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects