Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to feed new line into Ryobi OLT1833BL line trimmer?

lannah791
Finding My Feet

How to feed new line into Ryobi OLT1833BL line trimmer?

Hello! I am confused about how to put new line into my line trimmer. I have watched youtube videos and am getting mixed info on whether I have to pull an outer cap off the head to re-thread line, or just line up the arrows and push cord through? All of the initial line has gone as far as I can tell. The manual doesn’t make it as clear as what I would like either :unhappy:  The bump cap is yellow if that helps. Thank you 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to feed new line into Ryobi OLT1833BL line trimmer?

Hi @lannah791,

Apologies for the slow reply and sorry to see you're having trouble with your new line trimmer. 

Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts will be happy to assist as soon as possible. Let me see if @JacobZ95 might be able to share some advice in the meantime.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Feel free to post whenever you need a hand or have a project around the house or garden to share with other members.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JacobZ95
Building a Reputation

Hi @lannah791,

Having had a look at the manual for that particular model it should have come with a green “speedwinder” that looks like this. 

IMG_4728.jpeg

It should just require lining up the arrows, feeding the line through so there is an even amount on either side of the trimmer head and using the speed winder to wind the line into the head. 

If you have any trouble, I’m happy to help further. 

Cheers,

Jacob

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @lannah791 

Please keep us updated with your progress, and if you run into any other issues while reloading your line, please don't hesitate to post a question.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide:

Eric

Thank you! 

Thank you. Somehow I have lost the yellow ring tool which annoys me cause I’m normally good at keeping instructions. I think I can manually wind it too though. 

Thank you. I’ll be at Bunnings Monday looking for the wire :smile: 

Hi @lannah791,

Our Special Orders Spare Parts team should be able to order a replacement tool. Just speak with a helpful team member at your local store's Special Order desk next time you're in.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects