Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Ozito line trimmer spool not turning?

mtisdale
Just Starting Out

How to fix Ozito line trimmer spool not turning?

I've had a Ozito LTR-529 whipper snipped for about 18 months now & I went to use it today and the spool doesn't turn, the motor just hums, is it worth getting a new motor for it or another part or just buy a new whipper snipped? Thanks 🙂

17045258167091477840089830691288.jpg

DIYGnome
Making a Splash

Re: Motor Just Hums

Hello @mtisdale sounds like a product failure, would be worth returning to the store for a warranty replacement, do you have a receipt OR bank statement detailing the purchase?

https://www.ozito.com.au/services/warranty/

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mtisdale. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about an Ozito line trimmer.

Unless the line has wrapped around the head and locked it in position, it sounds like the motor might have failed. Given that it's 18 months old, I recommend you take the unit to your local store for a warranty swap over. As @Jewelleryrescue mentioned, you'll need your proof of purchase, or the team can assist with finding your receipt; a bank statement showing the purchase would be most helpful for this.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @mtisdale 

Sometimes grass or  twine can  wrap around the  shaft  and  head stopping it turning. Cut away any build up where you can.

just in case its fixable.  

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects