Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix wobbly handles on Ryobi 36V mower?

Garden_Rookie
Getting Established

How to fix wobbly handles on Ryobi 36V mower?

Hi Team,

I purchased a Ryobi mower not too long ago and recently facing an issue with a wobbly handles.

Seems like a quick fix but it is not clear to me.

Would anyone have quick tips on what might be causing the issue/ whether it is just a matter of tightening the screws on the handle mechanism?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Pictures attached.

Cheers,

Deddy

Screenshot_20240205_115200_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240205_115134_Gallery.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix wobbly handles on Ryobi 36V mower?

Hi @Garden_Rookie 

Can I please ask for the exact model number of your Ryobi lawn mower? This will allow me to track down the manual for your mower. However, looking at the first photo that you posted, it seems that the locking pin has not slotted into the locking hole on the plate.

I suggest lifting the lawnmower handle up until it slots and locks into place. I then recommend tightening up any of the nut and bolt assembly that is connected to the mower handle. These are just some basic trouble shooting steps you can take, but if it is still wobbly there may be something else that's loose.

Once we know the exact type of mower that you have we can delve deeper into the issue.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Eric. The mower is this one (Screenshot).

Yes it looks like the handles are moving about (and the pin displacing from the hole when the wobbling happens).

Screenshot_20240205_191324_Bunnings.jpg

Hi @Garden_Rookie,

Were you able to tighten the knob next to the locking pin on the handles to secure them in position? Can you take a picture from the side of the area with the locking pins on both sides of the mower? There should be knobs there that get tightened to ensure the locking pin can't jump out of place.

Failing that knob being able to be tightened sufficiently, I would suggest returning the mower to the store of purchase so it can be assessed to determine whether that locking and tightening mechanism has failed.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

lock.png

Thank you for the detailed response.  It was a simple fix after all. For the rookies like me out there,  I had to tighten this knob (Screenshot).

20240206_165250.jpg

It's fantastic to hear you resolved the issue, @Garden_Rookie.

Many thanks for providing the solution, as I'm sure it will assist any of our members with a similar issue.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects