Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get rid of budworms on geranium?

JanetO13
Finding My Feet

How to get rid of budworms on geranium?

IMG_1648.jpeg

IMG_1649.jpeg

IMG_1646.jpeg

I have tiny worms which I have researched and I think they are budworms eating my geranium flowers/buds. I have Yates natures way and Yates success would either of those fix the problem?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to get rid of budworms on geranium?

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop @JanetO13. We're pleased to have you join the community and look forward to reading all about your projects and plans for around the house and garden.

In the Bunnings guide How to care for and plant geraniums, it says "budworms can tunnel into unopened buds and eat them from the inside. If your flowers are riddled with small holes, remove any affected buds before the whole plant is infected."

Let me see if expert community member @Noelle has any further advice for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @JanetO13 

These little caterpillars can cause havoc! An application of Yates Success Ultra, following the directions on the label and ensuring you wear any protective equipment recommended, should prove successful in controlling them.  You may need a repeat application in 10-14 days to control any that hatch after the first spray.

Thankyou I have manually picked off all the worms I could see now I will give them an application of success ultra hopefully that does the trick 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects