Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get rid of curl grubs from pots?

jlb7
Just Starting Out

How to get rid of curl grubs from pots?

what is the most effective way to get rid of curl grubs in pots.  At repotting have discovered them in my large pots and was not aware what they were. 

Picked some out of potting mix but know there are more there. Have bought eco neem but not sure what time of year to apply this 

Do I need to replace dirt or will neem be enough. Tried the dishwashing liquid hack but to no effect.

Thank you 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to get rid of curl grubs from pots?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jlb7. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about curl grubs in pots.

You might like to read through this discussion: Curl grubs in pot plant. Our resident horticultural expert, @Noelle, advised using Eco-Organic Garden 100ml Eco-Neem Concentrate as a soil drench. As per the product's instructions, the best time to apply is at peak egg hatch, which is between spring and mid-summer. Applying now is no issue, but you will likely need to apply again when it starts warming up again.

This application technique is designed to rid the soil of curl grub without replacing it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects