Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get rid of wasps in hedges?

JJLSC
Just Starting Out

How to get rid of wasps in hedges?

We have beautiful front hedges in our new home, but every time we go to trim them a literal swarm of wasps fly out.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of these wasps? The hedges are really overgrown but I am too terrified to trim them with all the wasps.

Beagle
Finding My Feet

Re: How to get rid of wasps in hedges?

There is an awesome product called Wasp Killer & Nest Destroyer by Blitzem. It's in a black and orange can. Sprays 4m and kills wasps instantly. Bunnings has this product. 

16466497563279113545054331214489.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to get rid of wasps in hedges?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JJLSC. It's terrific to have you join us and many thanks for your question about getting rid of wasps.

@Beagle's made a great suggestion of using a spray. It's best if you can find the nest and spray it directly. You might need to spend some time observing where the wasps are entering the bush. We currently have the Hovex 350g Fast Knockdown Wasp Killer which is quite similar to the Blitzem product.

Do be cautious though and consider employing the services of a professional to remove the nest if you are unsure. 

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects