Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a Colorbond fence gate?

usmanjawaid
Just Starting Out

How to install a Colorbond fence gate?

Hi Community,

I want to install a colorbond fence gate.

I have managed to learn to put together a gate with rails stiles and Infilsheet. 

I want to find out what post should I use and hang the gate. 

my gate will be installed after the gas meter. 

IMG_7056.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: colorbond fence gate - post

Hi @usmanjawaid 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about building a Colorbond gate. 

Please allow me to make some inquiries regarding a gate kit for Colorbond. As soon as I have more information, I will get back to you.

As an alternative have you considered using a Wilmaplex Gate or perhaps Fortress Gate Systems. You can attach a Colorbond panel onto the Fortress Gate System and it would be a much easier option when building a gate. Another option would be to use Merbau Gate Panels. These timber gates are pre-oiled and easy to install, plus, look stylish in any setting.

In regards to the post, I suggest using Protector Aluminium posts. They can be anchored into the wall or buried in the soil. It all depends on the height that you are after.   

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install a Colorbond fence gate?

Hello @usmanjawaid 

Thank you for patience, I've spoken to the Colorbond technical department. I suggest measuring the opening of your walkway from wall to fence. Once you have that information, I suggest going to your local store and speaking to a special orders team member and asking them about making a Colorbond gate kit quote from Lysaght.

The gate comes in a few sizes so the measurements you took will come in handy. The special orders team will also be able to recommend the post you'll need for your gate. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects