Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install artificial turf?

mann
Getting Established

How to install artificial turf?

Hi,

I want to install artificial turf and some pavers at the side path of my house ..has never done such task so need advice. Right now it's just dirt over there 

Thanks 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to install artificial turf?

Hi @mann,

Here are some guides that should be helpful in explaining the jobs ahead of you:

Please have a good read and let us know if you have any specific questions that we can assist with. It would also be helpful to share some photos of the area and perhaps a basic sketch or plan of what you are planning.

If you're still in the planning stages of transforming your garden, this helpful guide by experienced member @Adam_W should be useful: How to plan a garden makeover.

We are looking forward to seeing your project progress.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mann
Getting Established

Hi @Jason 

Thanks for replying me on the post 

Here are the pictures where I want to do artificial turf and I made a sketch too ..I guess the first thing I need to do is dig the area ...can you please assist me what are the right tools to dig ..I dnt have much storage so I want to buy very less tools and do you know if I can get these tools on rent ?

20220120_184039.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @mann,

That's a large area, and if you're going to be removing 100m of soil, so your synthetic turf ends up flush with the surrounding area (as per the instructional video below), then it would be quite a bit of manual labour. Consider hiring a rotary tiller to break up the soil, as it will then be much easier to remove with a shovel. I recently removed 50mm off a 3 x 3m area by hand, and I can't say that it was an enjoyable experience.

Have a look at the video below. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects